Skip to main content

Favourite Brunch and Coffee Spots

My absolute favourite thing to do is go for out for coffee or brunch at a cute little cafe. I love to explore all the different cafes and coffee stops near me with my friends and family or just by myself. Sitting down, having a catch up and eating some delicious food is such a good way to spend quality time (well that's what I think). Even if I'm on my own I can get some much needed work done on my laptop or just sit and take in my surroundings.

Here I have complied some of my favourite places, the perfect places to go for a wee coffee or brunch and of course it's always a great photo opportunity! I am a sucker for cute presentation and I literally take photos of everything I eat, whoops.... But I honestly could not care. It makes me happy and as I've said a million times on this blog, that is all that really matters.  

Little Things Cafe 
instagram - littlethingscafe

This cafe has the cosiest setting. I visited here on my own and just sat with my laptop and got some work done, it was lovely. Here I had the Soup of the day which was Red pepper and Tomato which came with a side of granary bread and butter, I also tried the Mango blast smoothie which was amazing! This was a nice alternative as I often go for a coffee if I'm out but this was a great refresh and can only imagine this would be lovely in summer! There brunch menu also looked amazing which included various versions of Avocado toast which I MUST go back and try!
The cafe also sells these amazing cupcakes by @bakedbylisa. They had so many amazing and unique combinations. I took home with me the Vegan oreo and Lotus biscoff cupcakes which I loved! I also thought this was a really good idea they had the option to take away the cupcakes in these cute containers! Definitely worth checking out this cafe for their cupcakes!!






Flame Tree Cafe 
instagram - @theflametreecafe

This cafe has always been my favourite place since I was a young. Going with my friends for one of there signature Rainbow Bagels was a usual date for us. Of course, one of the reasons was to get take cute photos of our food (well for me it was anyway....) Even though I love taking a good Instagram whilst I'm here, the food is always super tasty too! Here pictured is the Rainbow Bagel with a side of cream cheese with a Berry Smoothie and the Chicken pesto mayo salad plate with a Blue Latte which are both my favourites! This cafe serves everything from coffee and a cake to a Rainbow bagel BLT. With plenty vegan and gluten free options also available. So if your looking for a cute cafe for lunch and a chat then I would highly recommend taking a trip, I promise you won't be disappointed! Plus who doesn't love a trip to a aesthetically pleasing cafe? 



The West House 
instagram @thewesthouse

This restaurant in town is always a go to off mine for a lunch or breakfast date. There breakfast menu has something to offer for everyone including sweet waffles, omelettes and poached eggs in toast in many variations! Here pictured I have the Nutella and banana waffles and pancakes, which is just the perfect sweet breakfast treat! Me and my friends always like to meet up here for a good catch up. They also do a lunch deal where you can have a sandwich or 1/2 pizza with either soup or potato wedges - which is just the perfect lunch to have with friends and also does not break the bank. The dishes served here also are always perfectly presented and again I always have to take a photo of my meal!! The west house also has a great night time atmosphere as it transitions from the quaint restaurant to this classy bar. They have different events and DJ's attending on the weekends and I would highly recommend a visit for a drink or two should you be in the area. 
Pacamara Food & Drink 
instagram @pacamaradundee


Pacamara is known for its amazing breakfast options. Here pictured is the brioche french toast with added bacon, this is my go to order every time along with a Chai Latte and it never fails to impress! They also serve a range of cooked breakfasts that are fully customisable so you can pick exactly what you want including avocado and black pudding. Also with your breakfast you receive a complimentary glass of fresh orange which I think is a lovely addition. Its a real treat coming here and not one I do all the time, but is always an great experience when I do. Pacamara also offers a main food menu which myself I have never tried before but hope to go for a lunch date very soon and I do not think it will disappoint. 


Thankyou so much if you took the time to read, it means so much!

I hope you found so inspiration to take time out your week to meet up with friends or treat yourself!



Lifelikealyx :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Morning Routine Steps

For me personally having a morning routine is so so important to ensure I have a productive day. I always like to get up a little earlier than I need to so I have some time to focus on myself. Whether that is doing my full skin routine, taking more time with my hair or simply making my self a cup of tea and a nutritious breakfast that I have time to enjoy. However, as much as I have the idea of a positive morning routine, this does always not go to plan and that's okay. Every thing doesn't always need to go to plan, its about keeping going and trying. So if you have big plans for your morning or even your day as a whole and they don't work out that's fine. Just keep going and as long as your moving forward that's really all that matters.  I've developed these 5 small steps that you can add to your morning routine to help you feel happy and healthy. EVEN when you've snoozed your alarm a few times...... 1. Skincare - Now I'm not talking a full

5 Easy Self Care Ideas

The start of a new year and we all want to be the best versions of ourselves on the outside. Set ourselves these big challenges that few of us stick. However I challenge you to make more time for YOU, more time spent on YOURSELF on the INSIDE. These 5 little steps can be implemented into your daily routine. That might just lift you into positive mindset we all aim for. Idea 1 : Write down 3 things you are grateful for each day OR say them aloud to yourself each night before you go to sleep. This will end your day thinking of the POSITIVE things letting your mind rest with happy thoughts. - There can ALWAYS be some positives. Idea 2 : Take pride in your daily outfits.   Try and where outfits that you feel good in, be comfy and where you own style. Another idea which can be so small is add something to your outfit that you really love every day. It could be a little bracelet you love or a big cosy scarf. Something that you feel good about and that you feel comfortable in wearing