Skip to main content

5 Chill Day Ideas

I am the WORST for feeling like I need to be doing something all the time. Feeling like everyday I need to be out exploring, living my quote 'best life' and also showing the world that I am. Staying indoors all day just having a lazy day just seems impossible for me, maybe this is just me that struggles with this haha! But I can't seem to find comfort in chilling out at home and taking a day to rest. Often if I have no plans one day, my head will start to wander into a feeling of worrying and self loathing. I can't sit still, I get panicked and fill will stress. 

This constant need to be out somewhere and achieving something has got my into a horrible circle of spending money just to entertain myself. Dragging my friends and family out places just so I am not stressed being in the house - when often they are more than happy watching tv all day.  

So I have complied this list of things to do with your day in the house that if like me you struggle with boredom and the literal fear of being lazy. These little ideas allow your body to have time to rest and you to actually enjoy being chill for a day. - These tips are all ones I have tried out myself. 

1. Start a scrapbook - This has got to be my FAVOURITE thing to do with my time. Printing out photos from holidays or days out and making them into a paperback memory is so much fun. This allows you to look at everything you have been up too and celebrate all those fun memories you have. I would highly highly recommend this. It's also fun to do with friends or your partner.  

2. Try on outfits/clean your wardrobe - Take a look at all your clothes, we all have items of clothing that we just never wear. One thing I like to do is get all my clothes out and try and find new outfits from things I already own. That way you can see how you can style your outfits differently instead of wearing similar things everyday. This will also let you see what clothes you don't need anymore and that maybe you could sell or donate to a charity shop. 

3. Try and new recipe - Having a day at home is the perfect importunity to put little bit more effort into dinner that evening. This can be looking online for a new recipe or getting those cookbooks out that have just been collecting dust for months. I love to do this, it still makes me feel like I am achieving something for that day. Also making a brownie for dessert is a MUST!

4. Pamper yourself - Give yourself a full pamper day, you deserve it! Run yourself a big bath with bubbles and all your favourite bath products. All the masks you can think of hair masks, face masks, foot masks..... - my personal favourites are from Tropic Skincare. This will leave you feeling refreshed and smelling fabulous. Also it just gives you an opportunity to use all those products you don't use in your day - to - day routine. Take your time and enjoy it. 

5. Start a blog - This sounds very cliche but starting my own blog has really helped me improve my self esteem and its just great fun. On days where I have no plans I can spend time taking photos for my Instagram or creating new blog posts. Even though I may not have many people at all reading my posts - I enjoy the creative side and it is very rewarding to see the small growth. Again allows me to feel I am achieving something each day. 

I would just like to say again that this is something I still struggle with daily and that aslong as you are making progress no matter how small that is all that matters.

Thankyou for reading,

LifelikeAlyx :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year Goal Setting

Its January 2020, not just a new year but a whole new decade! The time where everyone says - 'New year new me' - sets themselves big goals and has big plans for the coming year. This is great and I encourage everyone to set goals however a lot of the time, slowly but surely these resolutions and goals start to be forgotten about and we fall back into our old habits. Which can then make us feel deflated and down because we have not achieved what we waned too. Taking yourself back into that circle of unhappiness that you had worked so hard to get out of at the start of the year. So this year, 2020, still set yourself goals and make those resolutions however make them REALISTIC. Think - can I actually achieve this - can I put a plan in place that will allow me to be successful. If the answer is no then rethink you goal, make your goals smaller steps that will one day help you achieve your overall dream. Another tip is don't make too many new years resolutions as again they

Top festive anxiety tips!

Its December, its now time for the festivities to begin. As much as this can be the most wonderful and happy time of year, it is also a period where many people struggle. When all the festive parties are planned and big get togethers many of us get anxious and nervous. What will I wear? Who should I speak to? Where will I sit? For me this is often something I worry about. In this blog I hope to share my hints on how to enjoy the festivities and reduce those fears: No. 1 - Get involved with the planning. Yes, this can often be a daunting thing in itself. However for me being the one organising makes me feel more at ease. I know all the information, who will be there, the dress code, what games we will play?  Therefore I can prepare a night that will feel comfortable in. No.2 - Plan your outfits in advance. I am the WORST for this, I know its silly for me to promote this but honestly it just take so much of the stress away. If you have a outfit you love and feel good in this wi

My Favourites

I thought since most of us are living in a society of total lock down it would be nice to share a post on 'My Favourites'. Little things I have been loving and wanted to share. I hope you are all well and are staying safe. This time is difficult but we will get through it and the little things will matter so much more. Stay Positive. 1. Skin Care - My all time favourite is Tropic Skincare (Insta:@tropicskincare). This is a brand that is uses only complete natural products and all vegan of course. The products are bought direct from the supplier, they are not sold from any other retailer. They have a full range of products including bubble baths, hand creams, body wash and lotions. My personal favourite is there Face care range which I use every night to cleanse my skin. My nightly routine includes : - Smoothing Cleanser - Vitamin Toner - Pure Lagoon Serum - Skin Feast Moisturiser I also use the bamboo cloth which is the softest cloth I have ever used it is my a