Skip to main content

New Year Goal Setting

Its January 2020, not just a new year but a whole new decade!

The time where everyone says - 'New year new me' - sets themselves big goals and has big plans for the coming year. This is great and I encourage everyone to set goals however a lot of the time, slowly but surely these resolutions and goals start to be forgotten about and we fall back into our old habits. Which can then make us feel deflated and down because we have not achieved what we waned too. Taking yourself back into that circle of unhappiness that you had worked so hard to get out of at the start of the year.

So this year, 2020, still set yourself goals and make those resolutions however make them REALISTIC. Think - can I actually achieve this - can I put a plan in place that will allow me to be successful. If the answer is no then rethink you goal, make your goals smaller steps that will one day help you achieve your overall dream. Another tip is don't make too many new years resolutions as again they will be become to hard to stick to and you'll lose touch with actually achieving any of them.

I suggest 3 new goals for the year- that is what I have decided for 2020 myself - 3 goals that I believe I can successfully achieve and also enjoy achieving. That is also an important point, these resolutions should be fun, yes they should challenge you. However they should not become a chore or a hassle, because again at some point you will fall out of the routine.

My 2020 New Year resolutions:

1. Be more happy spending time at home and chilling out (Do not have to have big plans everyday)
2. Be less hesitant - just do it and do things for myself (well try and improve this)
3. Run a half marathon

These goals are not huge and even if I only make small steps towards these then at least I am moving forward.

Do not worry about not fully achieving your goals - As long as you are moving forward then that's all that matters. You will get there eventually - doesn't matter how long it takes.

Thankyou for reading,

Love, Alyx ➷

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favourite Brunch and Coffee Spots

My absolute favourite thing to do is go for out for coffee or brunch at a cute little cafe. I love to explore all the different cafes and coffee stops near me with my friends and family or just by myself. Sitting down, having a catch up and eating some delicious food is such a good way to spend quality time (well that's what I think). Even if I'm on my own I can get some much needed work done on my laptop or just sit and take in my surroundings. Here I have complied some of my favourite places, the perfect places to go for a wee coffee or brunch and of course it's always a great photo opportunity! I am a sucker for cute presentation and I literally take photos of everything I eat, whoops.... But I honestly could not care. It makes me happy and as I've said a million times on this blog, that is all that really matters.   Little Things Cafe  instagram - littlethingscafe This cafe has the cosiest setting. I visited here on my own and just sat with my laptop ...

5 Chill Day Ideas

I am the WORST for feeling like I need to be doing something all the time. Feeling like everyday I need to be out exploring, living my quote 'best life' and also showing the world that I am. Staying indoors all day just having a lazy day just seems impossible for me, maybe this is just me that struggles with this haha! But I can't seem to find comfort in chilling out at home and taking a day to rest. Often if I have no plans one day, my head will start to wander into a feeling of worrying and self loathing. I can't sit still, I get panicked and fill will stress.  This constant need to be out somewhere and achieving something has got my into a horrible circle of spending money just to entertain myself. Dragging my friends and family out places just so I am not stressed being in the house - when often they are more than happy watching tv all day.   So I have complied this list of things to do with your day in the house that if like me you struggle with boredom and ...

Healthy Lifestyle Advice

Society these days controls our idea of being 'healthy' more than we know it. Each day we scroll social media and we see influencers with these amazing toned bodies claiming they have the 'Quickest ways to loose weight'. Society has painted the picture that to have a healthy body a women has to have toned muscles and a perfect hour glass figure.For a man they must have these big biceps and predominant 6 pack. Also that this can be achieved in a matter of days. But I believe this is simply not the case. - These bodies are not realistic - They are not sustainable. We cannot believe that after drinking these Detox teas or eating a protein bar and doing a 5 minute Abb blast that this is going to keep us healthy in the long run. We should be adopting healthy habits that are going to last for our whole lives - Not just for the 'Summer body'. A healthy lifestyle is for me - Is eating a balanced diet that fuels our body - Full of nutrients and energy - Enjoying t...