Skip to main content

New Year Goal Setting

Its January 2020, not just a new year but a whole new decade!

The time where everyone says - 'New year new me' - sets themselves big goals and has big plans for the coming year. This is great and I encourage everyone to set goals however a lot of the time, slowly but surely these resolutions and goals start to be forgotten about and we fall back into our old habits. Which can then make us feel deflated and down because we have not achieved what we waned too. Taking yourself back into that circle of unhappiness that you had worked so hard to get out of at the start of the year.

So this year, 2020, still set yourself goals and make those resolutions however make them REALISTIC. Think - can I actually achieve this - can I put a plan in place that will allow me to be successful. If the answer is no then rethink you goal, make your goals smaller steps that will one day help you achieve your overall dream. Another tip is don't make too many new years resolutions as again they will be become to hard to stick to and you'll lose touch with actually achieving any of them.

I suggest 3 new goals for the year- that is what I have decided for 2020 myself - 3 goals that I believe I can successfully achieve and also enjoy achieving. That is also an important point, these resolutions should be fun, yes they should challenge you. However they should not become a chore or a hassle, because again at some point you will fall out of the routine.

My 2020 New Year resolutions:

1. Be more happy spending time at home and chilling out (Do not have to have big plans everyday)
2. Be less hesitant - just do it and do things for myself (well try and improve this)
3. Run a half marathon

These goals are not huge and even if I only make small steps towards these then at least I am moving forward.

Do not worry about not fully achieving your goals - As long as you are moving forward then that's all that matters. You will get there eventually - doesn't matter how long it takes.

Thankyou for reading,

Love, Alyx ➷

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourites

I thought since most of us are living in a society of total lock down it would be nice to share a post on 'My Favourites'. Little things I have been loving and wanted to share. I hope you are all well and are staying safe. This time is difficult but we will get through it and the little things will matter so much more. Stay Positive. 1. Skin Care - My all time favourite is Tropic Skincare (Insta:@tropicskincare). This is a brand that is uses only complete natural products and all vegan of course. The products are bought direct from the supplier, they are not sold from any other retailer. They have a full range of products including bubble baths, hand creams, body wash and lotions. My personal favourite is there Face care range which I use every night to cleanse my skin. My nightly routine includes : - Smoothing Cleanser - Vitamin Toner - Pure Lagoon Serum - Skin Feast Moisturiser I also use the bamboo cloth which is the softest cloth I have ever used it is my a

5 Morning Routine Steps

For me personally having a morning routine is so so important to ensure I have a productive day. I always like to get up a little earlier than I need to so I have some time to focus on myself. Whether that is doing my full skin routine, taking more time with my hair or simply making my self a cup of tea and a nutritious breakfast that I have time to enjoy. However, as much as I have the idea of a positive morning routine, this does always not go to plan and that's okay. Every thing doesn't always need to go to plan, its about keeping going and trying. So if you have big plans for your morning or even your day as a whole and they don't work out that's fine. Just keep going and as long as your moving forward that's really all that matters.  I've developed these 5 small steps that you can add to your morning routine to help you feel happy and healthy. EVEN when you've snoozed your alarm a few times...... 1. Skincare - Now I'm not talking a full