Skip to main content

Healthy Lifestyle Advice

Society these days controls our idea of being 'healthy' more than we know it. Each day we scroll social media and we see influencers with these amazing toned bodies claiming they have the 'Quickest ways to loose weight'. Society has painted the picture that to have a healthy body a women has to have toned muscles and a perfect hour glass figure.For a man they must have these big biceps and predominant 6 pack. Also that this can be achieved in a matter of days.

But I believe this is simply not the case. - These bodies are not realistic - They are not sustainable.
We cannot believe that after drinking these Detox teas or eating a protein bar and doing a 5 minute Abb blast that this is going to keep us healthy in the long run. We should be adopting healthy habits that are going to last for our whole lives - Not just for the 'Summer body'.

A healthy lifestyle is for me -

Is eating a balanced diet that fuels our body - Full of nutrients and energy - Enjoying the food we are eating and not restricting ourselves - Food should be enjoyable and we should love creating strong fuel for our bodies.

It is enjoying being active - Exercising our bodies should be fun and not a chore or simply a habit- But a time in our day in which we look forward too .

It is being happy with yourself - enjoying your daily life - eating nutrious foods and keeping active -but not feeling like it is a CHORE but something you ENJOY doing.

/This will all take time - To be truely positive within yourself does not happen over night but over a period you will see a change - A happy one.

A happy mind leads to a happy heart➹

A healthy lifestyle has to be sustainable for life - not just for a quick weight loss fix which in the long run will just catch you up again. So please dont compare yourself to those online. Create your OWN healthy lifestyle. One that is natural and works for you. - No one else matters


Thankyou for reading,

Lifelikealyx


*All opinions are my own*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year Goal Setting

Its January 2020, not just a new year but a whole new decade! The time where everyone says - 'New year new me' - sets themselves big goals and has big plans for the coming year. This is great and I encourage everyone to set goals however a lot of the time, slowly but surely these resolutions and goals start to be forgotten about and we fall back into our old habits. Which can then make us feel deflated and down because we have not achieved what we waned too. Taking yourself back into that circle of unhappiness that you had worked so hard to get out of at the start of the year. So this year, 2020, still set yourself goals and make those resolutions however make them REALISTIC. Think - can I actually achieve this - can I put a plan in place that will allow me to be successful. If the answer is no then rethink you goal, make your goals smaller steps that will one day help you achieve your overall dream. Another tip is don't make too many new years resolutions as again they

Top festive anxiety tips!

Its December, its now time for the festivities to begin. As much as this can be the most wonderful and happy time of year, it is also a period where many people struggle. When all the festive parties are planned and big get togethers many of us get anxious and nervous. What will I wear? Who should I speak to? Where will I sit? For me this is often something I worry about. In this blog I hope to share my hints on how to enjoy the festivities and reduce those fears: No. 1 - Get involved with the planning. Yes, this can often be a daunting thing in itself. However for me being the one organising makes me feel more at ease. I know all the information, who will be there, the dress code, what games we will play?  Therefore I can prepare a night that will feel comfortable in. No.2 - Plan your outfits in advance. I am the WORST for this, I know its silly for me to promote this but honestly it just take so much of the stress away. If you have a outfit you love and feel good in this wi

My Favourites

I thought since most of us are living in a society of total lock down it would be nice to share a post on 'My Favourites'. Little things I have been loving and wanted to share. I hope you are all well and are staying safe. This time is difficult but we will get through it and the little things will matter so much more. Stay Positive. 1. Skin Care - My all time favourite is Tropic Skincare (Insta:@tropicskincare). This is a brand that is uses only complete natural products and all vegan of course. The products are bought direct from the supplier, they are not sold from any other retailer. They have a full range of products including bubble baths, hand creams, body wash and lotions. My personal favourite is there Face care range which I use every night to cleanse my skin. My nightly routine includes : - Smoothing Cleanser - Vitamin Toner - Pure Lagoon Serum - Skin Feast Moisturiser I also use the bamboo cloth which is the softest cloth I have ever used it is my a